DEL 18 AU / DEL 27 AU
- Made in Germany
- Temperature selection up to a maximum of 50°C - overcoming the need for a tempering valve (G12 NZ Building Code)
- Accurate hot water temperature through 3i Technology
- Barewire element suitable for hard and soft water areas
- Instantaneous, endless supply of hot water
The STIEBEL ELTRON DEL AU three-phase 415V electric mains pressure instantaneous hot water systems provide instant hot water up to a maximum of 50°C with the reliability you have come to expect from STIEBEL ELTRON. These instant hot water heaters utilise sophisticated electronic technology to maintain a hot water delivery temperature not exceeding 50°C. This overcomes the need for a separate tempering valve in situations where 50°Celsius hot water is required.
Engineering excellence from STIEBEL ELTRON
- Made in Germany, designed for New Zealand conditions
- Electronically controlled to accurately regulate the water temperature
- Electronic safety system with air detection
- LED display shows hot water temperature selection
- Memory function and TMax function for premium comfort and safety
- WaterMark Lic No. WMKA00301, AS3498
Efficient by design
- Heats water to a maximum of 50°C
- Point of use installation saves water by not waiting for hot water to arrive at the outlet
- The three-phase water heater saves power due to the fact that no water is stored
- Maximum hot water output temperature 50°C, no tempering valve needed (complies with the G12 New Zealand Building Code)
- Bare wire element provides quick control over the water temperature and is suitable for hard or soft water areas
- Compact in size for space saving installation
- No safe tray required
- No ventilation required
Available in electrical size:
- DEL 18 AU - 19.4kW, 27 Amps per phase, three phase 415V
- DEL 27 AU - 28kW, 40 Amps per phase, three phase 415V
- 5 year full parts and labour domestic warranty*
*Conditions apply - refer warranty policy for full details.
|Model number||DEL 18 AU||DEL 27 AU|
|Rated output (415V)||19.4kW||28kW|
|Rated current (415V)||27Amp||38.9Amp|
|Electrical Installation||As per AS/NZS3000|
|Installation requirements||AS/NZS3500.4.2 & local requirements|
|Switch on flow rate (minimum flow rate required to switch on the water heater)||2.5L/min||2.5L/min|
|Permissible operating pressure||1000kPa||1000kPa|
|IP Rating||IP25 (IP24 at electrical connection finished walls)||IP25 (IP24 at electrical connection finished walls)|
|Weight (filled with water)||4kg||4kg|
|Flow rate limiter (if fitted) L/min||7.5 (blue) | 12 (brown)||7.5 (blue) | 12 (brown)|
|Approvals||WaterMark Lic No. WMKA00301, AS3498|
|For one/several draw off points||Yes/Yes||Yes/Yes|
|Heating system||Bare wire||Bare wire|
|Electronic flow rate control||-||-|
|Electronic air detection system||Yes||Yes|
|Accepts pre-heated water (solar)||Yes (incoming water must not exceed 50°C)|
|Wellness shower programs||-||-|
|ECO energy & water function||-||-|
Contact your local energy provider and inform them of your address. They will be able to let you know if you have three-phase power available at your address.
You will need to check with your electrician to find out how much three-phase power is available in "Amps per phase". The DEL 18 AU water heater requires 27 Amps per phase, whereas the DEL 27 AU requires 40 Amps per phase.
You will need to confirm the amperage supply to the hot water unit from the circuit breaker in the switchboard. Please contact us to confirm the appropriate instantaneous electric hot water system.
As a general rule, the instant hot water system required will be based on the number of hot water outlets the hot water system needs to service, along with the incoming cold water temperature. As a general guide in an apartment/house with 1 bathroom, a 19.4kW three-phase electric instantaneous water heater (e.g. DHE 18 AU, DEL 18 AU or DHB-E 18 AU) is suitable. In a house with 2 bathrooms, a 28-29.1kW three-phase electric instantaneous water heater (e.g. DHE 27 AU, DEL 27 AU or DHB-E 27AU) should be selected.
Underneath the dial that adjusts the temperature there is a flap that pulls forward and then drops down. A rating label is located up under the flap showing the model and size - DEL 18 AU or DEL 27 AU. Within the downloads section of the DEL you can download a pdf showing you exactly where and how to locate this sticker.
The STIEBEL ELTRON DEL AU instantaneous electric water heater delivers hot water not exceeding 50 degrees Celsius in accordance with AS3498, overcoming the need for a temperature control device in hygienic areas where hot water must be limited to 50°C.
No, the DEL AU hot water system delivers hot water not exceeding 50 degrees Celsius in accordance with AS3498, overcoming the need for a tempering valve in hygienic areas where the water must be limited to not exceed 50°C.
The DEL AU water heater can be installed almost anywhere due to its compact size. The water heater does not require ventilation, relief drain or safe trays so it can be installed in a cupboard, in the roof space, below the sink, in a service cavity, in a Euro laundry just to name a few options. If installing outdoors, the hot water system must be protected from the elements by a protective covering such as a meter box.
The DEL AU water heaters are designed to be installed as close as practical to the most used hot water outlet. Installing closer to the point of use can help to save water and energy by delivering hot water quickly to the outlet. The STIEBEL ELTRON 3 phase electric instantaneous water heaters are designed to service multiple outlets located several metres away from the system.
Compared to a storage hot water unit an electric instantaneous water heater can be at up to 30% more efficient. This is due to the water heater not storing any hot water and not having heat losses from storing a body of hot water.
The DEL AU water heater range is available from all leading plumbing stores.