Stiebel Eltron understands that it is an individual’s right to keep their personal information private. We are committed to protecting and maintain the privacy, accuracy and security of personal information of customers and other persons whose information we collect.
Privacy Laws and Stiebel Eltron
Privacy Laws became effective from 1 July 1993. The legislation regulates the way organisations can collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. Businesses are required to handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Principles as outlined in the legislation. Stiebel Eltron is bound by and supports the Privacy Principles for the handling of personal information.
What kind of information does Stiebel Eltron collect?
Stiebel Eltron collects information about:
- Customers and their businesses prior to and during the course of their association with Stiebel Eltron
- Customers who enter trade promotions conducted by Stiebel Eltron
- Customers who request warranty or service to products
- Customers who request accounts with us
- Job applicants, staff members and contractors
- Other people who come into contact with Stiebel Eltron including visitors to its website.
How is Personal Information Collected
Stiebel Eltron collects personal information in a number of ways including:
- By using written forms
- Through contact in person or via telephone, mobile or other messaging technology
- Via the internet (including social media webstes, online forms or our website.
Personal information provided by other people
In some circumstances Stiebel Eltron may be supplied with personal information about an individual from a third party, eg, a referral from an existing customer, staff or sales representative. However, if Stiebel Eltron receives unsolicited personal information about an individual that is not necessary for us to conduct activities or services for the individual, we will destroy or de-identify the information as soon as practical.
Photographs and video of your image
When attending functions, events or promotions organised by Stiebel Eltron, individuals may be photographed or videoed and unless an objection is raised at the time, individuals are deemed to consent to such photography and video being used and reproduced in Stiebel Eltron’s publications, marketing collateral, websites, social media and other promotional material.
Updating and correcting personal information
Stiebel Eltron endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. A person may seek to update or correct their personal information held by Stiebel Eltron by contacting Stiebel Eltron at any time during business hours or via email.
Management and security of personal information
Stiebel Eltron has in place steps to protect the personal information Stiebel Eltron holds including secure storage of paper records and pass-worded access rights to computerised records both on the premises of Stiebel Eltron and on Stiebel Eltron’s website.
How Stiebel Eltron uses personal information provided
- To provide products and services to you
- To collect payments
- To administer your account
- To provide you with updated or new information about our products and services
- For development of existing and new products and services
- To maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- To promote our other products and services to you
- For statistical means to improve our website or service to you
- To satisfy Stiebel Eltron’s legal obligations and permitting Stiebel Eltron to discharge its duty of care
Stiebel Eltron may from time to time correspond with you via direct mail/email. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will give you a choice to unsubscribe (or opt out) or receiving marketing information at any time.
Who might Stiebel Eltron disclose personal information to?
Stiebel Eltron will use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also disclose personal information held about an individual to:
- Legal authorities, if legally obliged to do so
- People providing services to you or to Stiebel Eltron, eg third party contractors, suppliers and technicians
- Anyone that you authorise Stiebel Eltron to disclose information to
- Related entities or business partners of Stiebel Eltron.
Under the Privacy Act, an individual has the right to access any personal information which Stiebel Eltron holds about them and to advise Stiebel Eltron of any perceived inaccuracy.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Stiebel Eltron’s website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, text files that are memorised on your computer and enabling an analysis of the use of your use of our website. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Any complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles may be directed as follows:
- In writing to ‘The Privacy Co-ordinator, Stiebel Eltron NZ Limited, Unit 2/13 Barrys Point Road, Takapuna, Auckland 0622’
- By telephone: 09 486 2221
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our website using the ‘Contact’ page.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
Stiebel Eltron may disclose personal information about customers to persons in Germany and any other country or territory where Stiebel Eltron has business. Such disclosure will be on the same basis as set out in this policy, except that Stiebel Eltron cannot take steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles and to this extent, subclause 8.1 of the Australian Privacy Principles will not apply.
Enquiries (Further information: www.privacy.org.nz)
Updated March 2019